Precious Moments

September 19, 2011

Ahhhh….a nice, hot cup of fresh brewed coffee. In a previous life, I used to sleep-in on the weekends and wake up with a cup of coffee and my laptop to enjoy a nice relaxing morning. So what’s the difference you say? Isn’t that what I am doing now? Well, 5:10am is the difference my friend. In a desperate effort to have a few minutes of “alone” time without anyone needing a snack or juice or cartoons or for me to get them dressed, I have decided to embrace my exhaustion after Claire’s 4:50am bottle and enjoy some rare and fleeting peace and quiet. At this stage in the game with small children, even trips to the bathroom do not guarantee privacy anymore. Never in a million years did I think I would choose an earlier than necessary wake-up time over a precious opportunity to sleep, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the first morning calls for Mom and the sleepy bedheads wanting warm pajama hugs because I know in few years I will not be so popular, but for now, some internet browsing for things I can’t afford and some mindless celebrity gossip is just what the doctor ordered. And this 5am cup of coffee tastes incredibly good for some reason. So good morning moms, have a great day…I hope you get to sneak in a few moments of peace and quiet in some shape or form.